Showcasing of Tata Intra at auto expo
Tata Intra SCV - unveiled at the 2018 Auto Expo
With a fresh new appearance, in the 150th year of the Group, Tata Motors today brought alive the Government's vision of smart cities of the future with its 'Smart Mobility, Smart Cities' theme at the ‘Auto Expo – The Motor Show 2018’. Showcasing mobility solutions for intelligently connected cities designed to offer convenience, safety, security, and efficiency to its customers, Tata Motors demonstrated its capabilities shaping India's future of mobility.
In the Commercial Vehicles (CV) segment, the all-new Tata INTRA – the stylish, feature loaded, compact truck that is set to re-define the SCV segment in the country was unveiled. Bollywood Superstar and Tata Motors' CV business brand ambassador, Akshay Kumar made a grand entry unveiling the Tata INTRA in a dramatic fashion.
Tata Motors pioneered the SCV segment in India in 2005 and since then have sold over 20 lakh vehicles on their TATA Ace platform. Tata INTRA – the all new compact truck is set to re-define the SCV segment in the country.
TATA Motors said - With our continuous endeavor to offer better & profitable product experiences to customers, we bring you the next level platform, which will further enhance the customer experiences in small commercial vehicle industry with its next levels of performance, comfort & convenience.
Tata Intra – is the first product that boasts of ‘Premium Tough’, a new design philosophy specially aimed for Commercial Vehicles that combines rising levels of visual richness and sophistication with robustness and reliability.
- Class leading power of 70Hp with 1.4L Engine
- Lower turnaround time leading to higher no. of trips through enhanced acceleration & speed.
- New Wider & bigger Cabin with contemporary fresh looks
- Best in class 8.2 Ft length load body suitable for various applications
- Superior driving comfort & Ergonomics ensuring smooth longer journey
- Features: Power Steering, Mobile Charger point, Lockable Glove Box, Storage on Dashboard & Door trims, Electronic Cluster, Car like Interiors.
- Gear shift advisor (GSA), a first in the segment which ensures best in class on road fuel efficiency
- Hydroform chassis – another first in the segment. Lesser welding joints on the chassis mean higher structural strength and lower NVH levels in the cabin
Distribution of Fruits & vegetables, Grain & rice, Construction material, Consumer products, White goods, Milk & Dairy products, LPG Cylinders, Furniture, Steel & Hardware, Bottled Water & Cold drinks, Fish & Poultry, Textiles, Pharma products, Bakery, Tent house & catering, Scrap, Municipal applications
Parameter Description Engine 1.4L
Max Power 52Kw @ 4000 RPM (70 HP)
Max Torque 140 Nm@ 1800- 3000 RPM
Clutch: 200mm Dia , Single plate, Dry friction diaphragm type
Gear Box GBS 65 Mechanical Shift - 5 Forward & 1 reverse
Front Axle Rigid front axle
Rear Axle Salisbury type with hypoid gears and semi floating axle shafts
Suspension Semi-elliptical leaf spring at front and rear. Antiroll Bar at front
Frame with Hydro formed Long Members
Cab Boltable Full Forward Body shell
Battery 12V, 55Ah
Service Brakes Vacuum assisted hydraulic brakes. Dual circuit hydraulic diagonal split
Fuel Tank Capacity 35 liters
Tyres 165 R14 LT 8PR (14 inch radial tubeless tyres)
Wheel Base 2250 mm
Max Speed 80 kmph
Max Gradeability 45%
GVW 2300 Kg
Payload 1100 Kg
Tata Intra small commercial vehicle (scv) unveiled
How to maintain your Tata Intra compact mini truck?